Paul recently wrote about Infographic: The Pulse of Global Quality. Inspired by his writing, I thought of jotting down the key revelations related to global quality - the Q, U, A, L, I, T and Y from the study conducted by ASQ on the Global State of Quality Research.
- Qustomer - Great companies share product and service quality performance with customers
- Quality measures are used to influence the culture of quality as a component of performance-based compensation
- Quality Governance - Centralized Quality Department (for Manufacturing), Governance by a Senior Leader (for Services industry).
- Understanding of product performance through customer's eyes is essential
- It is important to understand the quality practices of services companies Vs. that of manufacturing companies.
- Analytics - Many companies use quality measures for trending and predictive analytics.
- Leadership Development Focus: Succession planning of leaders that manage organization's quality process is important.
- Incentives are provided to staff that meet quality targets
- Improvement efforts are successful when it is data-driven, based on as-is and to-be information.
- Training is mostly provided on the topics: Quality Management and Audits
- Training is provided to suppliers on quality management system.
- Your company's Senior Quality Position report directly to the CEO or equivalent was an interesting question